Water/Wastewater Assistant Project Engineer – Waterbury, CT
We are looking for a qualified and a highly motivated Civil/Environmental Engineer with 3-5 years experience in water and wastewater engineering to address the needs of a growing firm. The selected candidate will support a variety of civil engineering design projects including but not limited to pipelines, pump stations, and water treatment. Candidate must be a self starter with a solid understanding of the consulting engineering industry. Familiarity with Deltek Vision project management system a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the consulting engineering industry involving the design of municipal water and wastewater systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be able to work well independently and in teams.
- Serves as a positive influence to both clients and firm members.
- Demonstrates values and philosophy of firm with respect to teamwork, integrity, honesty, and commitment.
- Capable of effectively working on concurrent, multiple projects as well as occasional proposal efforts.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a growing workload while meeting budgetary and time constraints.
- Occasionally may assist in and contribute to the firm’s sales and marketing efforts.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assist in the development of probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects.
- Prepare letters, reports, designs, plans, specifications, schedules, and other project tasks and deliverables on his/her projects for review by the project manager.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Direct and support engineers on his/her project teams in the preparation of letters, reports, designs, plans, specifications, schedules, and other project tasks and deliverables.
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties in accordance with the contract documents and reports status to the project manager.
- Attends client meetings when necessary, including some evenings.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Performs occasional drafting.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks.
Please note that Tata & Howard does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.