The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) and the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT DEEP) require that LSPs and LEPs oversee, advise, and make key decisions during the assessment and cleanup of contaminated sites.
Licensed Site Professionals (LSPs) are licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Hazardous Waste Site Cleanup Professionals (also known as the LSP Board), and Licensed Environmental Professionals (LEPs) are licensed by The State Board of Examiners of Environmental Professionals (also known as the LEP Board).
LSP and LEP services include the following:
- Soil and water testing to assess contamination
- Evaluation of contamination with regard to human and environmental risk, and identification of required course of action
- Direct the assessment, characterization, and, if necessary, the cleanup process in a manner consistent with the requirements of relevant regulations and laws
- Provide cleanup alternatives to reduce contamination levels
- Development of a cost-effective solution for site closure
Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP) Services
If an assessment or cleanup of an oil or hazardous material is required, Tata & Howard can help satisfy these obligations under the MCP, from notification of regulatory authorities to closure. We have broad experience in the preparation of all phases of MCP compliance submittals. The complexity of our projects ranges from residential fuel oil releases to large industrial sites with chlorinated solvents present at significant depth in the bedrock.