Environmental Project Manager/LSP – Marlborough, MA
We are seeking a qualified Environmental Project Manager/LSP to join our Marlborough, MA office. This individual will manage environmental projects that involve field studies, report preparation, and budget management. The responsibilities include supervision of field personnel and interaction with clients, subcontractors, and regulators. Projects include groundwater, surface water, soil, and air sampling; environmental site assessments; regulatory permitting; hazardous waste site characterization and remediation. Position requires travel and fieldwork. This position will also have corporate responsibilities including contributing towards the strategic management and development of the firm and participation in proposal efforts and invoicing. The successful candidate will also be responsible for business development efforts and should have a strong interest in identifying new business opportunities and building successful client relationships.
- Understand various regulatory environments and associated technical requirements;
- Evaluate analytical data and identify, develop, and manage the strategic solutions for our clients;
- Prepare state and federal level reports and other deliverables;
- Supervise, coordinate, and review/evaluate subsurface investigation activities carried out by junior engineers and scientists including: drilling, soil classification, vapor intrusion investigation, well installation, and sampling of various media using a variety of techniques and procedures;
- Prepare Phase I environmental site assessments, Phase II contaminated site investigations, feasibility studies, and written correspondence with client representatives and regulators;
- Prepare proposals (scope, schedule, and budget);
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects through all phases of development;
- Candidate will have an LSP with 15+ years of experience managing a variety of water resources projects for public agencies and private clients.
- BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Water Resources Engineering or Hydrology; MS preferred
- Seller-Doer with strong client relationships, and entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of generating new work.
- Diverse technical background including a deep expertise in area of specialty.
- Recognized for technical excellence and the development of client-focused, creative and practical solutions.
- Broad regional understanding of market needs and emerging trends.
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel on short assignments, as needed.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.