Water / Wastewater Senior Manager – Vermont
Tata & Howard is currently seeking a Water / Wastewater Manager to join our employee-owned firm. The individual selected will be responsible for assisting with the growth of our Water and Wastewater Group in Vermont. Direct interaction with existing clients and development of relationships with new clients is expected. Office location for the individual is flexible. Tata & Howard offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, as well as technically challenging projects.
The selected candidate will manage projects and engineering staff. The selected candidate will also be a Senior Staff member with a diverse background and extensive technical experience. The successful candidate will be capable of leading water / wastewater engineers and technicians and managing various-sized water / wastewater infrastructure projects. With support from the corporate office in Marlborough, MA, the successful candidate will drive business development activities, pursuing new clients and potential project leads, preparing proposals and qualifications, and preparing price proposals and contracts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Business development and prepositioning activities, including client management.
- Proposal preparation and fee development.
- Quality Control and mentoring of staff.
- Monitor scope, schedules and budget of projects.
- Manage engineering work and interface with others as needed.
- Visit clients, job sites and consultant offices, as needed, to support project and business development goals.
- Create scope of work, schedules, and budgets for projects.
- Work within and lead teams.
- Communicate and coordinate market development efforts and ideas.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering field is required; advanced degree preferred.
- Vermont Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is required.
- Project management experience for both study-level and design/construction projects.
- Must have experience and desire for all areas of engineering consulting, including operations (budget development and management), business development (pre-positioning, client interaction, vertical marketing, etc.), and sales (contract negotiation, project pricing, etc.).
- A minimum 15 years’ engineering and design supervisory experience is required.
- A minimum of 15 years’ water / wastewater engineering experience is required.
- A successful track record of building business in the New England water / wastewater market.
- A successful track record of managing projects, including scope, schedule and budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business development skills.
- Strong leadership / mentoring qualities.