Resident Project Representative, Water/Wastewater – Massachusetts
Tata & Howard, Inc. is seeking a Resident Observer to monitor construction activity on various municipal infrastructure projects including sewer collection and water distribution systems, pump stations, and water and wastewater treatment facilities throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut. The individual will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for observing and documenting the contractor’s work to verify compliance with the plans and contracts. The individual will work independently on-site and therefore requires extensive knowledge of appropriate construction practices and codes.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
- Maintain a daily log of completed work activities; prepare spreadsheets for contractor payment, test logs, punch lists, and photos / sketches of atypical conditions.
- Observe and record that all work is being conducted in a safe manner.
- Check materials before installation.
- Provide insight on field design changes and payment claims for additional work.
- Observe all phases of construction activities for compliance with design documents and client standards.
- Ensures schedules are communicated with the Project Manager.
- Responsible for being client and public contact, as necessary.
- Take measurements of completed work for payment and swing ties for record plans.