Managing stormwater at an industrial facility means more than discharge volume; it also includes water quality, pollution prevention, and good housekeeping. Our experience with the USEPA Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) for stormwater from industrial facilities is valuable to many industrial sectors included in that permit, such as landfills, automobile salvage yards, scrap metal recycling, timber products, paper products, chemical manufacturing, and others.
Our experience with stormwater management and the MSGP includes the following:
- Site inspection
- Developing and filing a Notice of Intent for coverage under the MSGP
- Completion of site mapping and drainage evaluations
- Development of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- Inspection and testing for illicit discharges
- Review of allowable Non-Stormwater Discharges
- Developing and filing a No Exposure Certification
- Completing required analytical monitoring, and evaluating results
- Evaluation of Waste Load Allocations for facilities that discharge to receiving waters with Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs)
- Preparing and submitting Annual Reports
- Training facility staff on pollution prevention, good housekeeping, recordkeeping, and other components of the SWPPP
- Terminating a facility\’s coverage under the MSGP
Tata & Howard’s stormwater experts can review your facility and documentation, and recommend revisions to operational or administrative procedures to maintain or improve compliance with the MSGP.