Tata & Howard, Inc. is seeking a Resident Observer to monitor construction activity on the installation of a watermain. The pipeline is being installed in the Franklin, New Hampshire. The individual will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for observing and documenting the contractor’s work to verify compliance with the contract documents. This position is full time for the duration of the construction project which is expected to run full time for nine months. The individual will work independently on-site, and therefore requires extensive knowledge of appropriate construction practices and codes.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
- Prepare type written field reports complete with photographs submitted to the Project Manager on a daily basis.
- Review contractor’s monthly payment requisitions.
- Observe all work is being conducted in a safe manner.
- Check materials conform with approved shop drawings and are not damaged before installation.
- Provide insight on field design changes and payment claims for additional work.
- Observe all phases of construction activities for compliance with contract documents, client standards and permit requirements.
- Ensures schedules are communicated with the Project Manager.
- Responsible for being client, municipality and public liaison, as necessary.
- Take measurements of completed work for payment and record plans, including swing ties.
- Verify pipeline is installed at the grades shown on the Contract Drawings.
- Prepare progress meeting agendas, attend meetings and prepare minutes for distribution.
- Keep Project Manager abreast of work progress and changes in the construction necessary due to field conditions by telephone calls at least two times a day.