On May 27, 2015, the EPA announced that the new Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP), originally proposed in 2013 and referred to as the 2015 MSGP, will be available soon for operators seeking permit coverage to discharge stormwater associated with industrial activity. Filing to renew coverage under the 2015 MSGP must be done electronically using EPA’s new NPDES eReporting Tool (NeT), and, once covered by the new permit, all monitoring data will be submitted electronically using NetDMR.
To prepare for the new 2015 MSGP, EPA recommends taking the following steps:
- Visit EPA’s MSGP webpage (https://water.epa.gov/polwaste/npdes/stormwater/EPA-Multi-Sector-General-Permit-MSGP.cfm) to learn about the status of the 2015 MSGP, your eligibility, NeT and NetDMR training, and to obtain guidance on complying with the new permit.
- Determine if your facility qualifies for a conditional “no exposure” permit exclusion.
- Review your Notice of Intent (“NOI”) submitted for coverge under the 2008 MSGP for information that will help you file a new NOI for the 2015 MSGP.
- Discuss internally who will prepare and certify the documents submitted through the NeT and NetDMR tools for your facility.
- Review your existing Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) to identify the revisions necessary to make it current and consistent with the 2015 MSGP requirements. Your SWPPP must be prepared and ready to implement prior to filing an NOI for the 2015 MSGP.
If you need assistance with your 2015 MSGP, please contact us at email@example.com or 800-366-5760.